To help employers and employees now that retail business is re-opening after the Government imposed lockdown, the following information might prove helpful.
The easiest way to close a claim for the Pandemic Unemployment Payment is online via www.MyWelfare.ie
- Any worker returning to work with an enquiry about closing their claim can contact the Department’s dedicated income support helpline at 1890 800 024 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. The payment period of the Covid 19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is Friday to Thursday. Where a worker has at least one qualifying day of work in the period Friday to Thursday, they will receive full payment for that week. A person who closes their claim to return to work on any day other than Friday (the first day of the week) will receive payment for the full PUP entitlement week.
- REMEMBER, any period of paid holidays is considered to be a period of insurable employment in the same way as if the employee was in work.
- Any employers who has difficulty in attracting workers back to the workplace, or suspects that someone is mis-claiming welfare income support can contact the Department at email@example.com
- The Department will be happy to review cases where these complaints arise. Employers can rest assured that officials in the Department will follow up on all notifications.
- If an employer is seeking assistance in recruiting for vacant positions, the Employer relations team will be happy to help.Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also publish your vacancies to www.jobsireland.ie. When you register you can post your job vacancy at no charge.