A total of nine races took place and were sponsored by the following:
- Robin Financial and P.E. Kelly Insurances Ltd.,
- Sherry Fitzgerald O’ Leary Kinsella,
- Doyle/Fielding Chartered Accountants,
- J.S. Breen and Co., Ltd.,
- Stamps and The Antique Licensed premises,
- Byrne’s Books and Toys and Smyth’s Homevalue,
- AIB Bank, Enniscorthy,
- The Guardian Newspaper,
- The Chamber of Commerce.
Among the large attendance were Minster of State with Responsibility for Defence, Mr. Paul Kehoe T.D., his Oireachtas colleague, Mr. James Browne T.D., the Chairman of Enniscorthy Municipal Authority, Councillor Willie Kavanagh, the Chairman of Wexford County Council, Councillor Keith Doyle, Enniscorthy Town and District Manager, Liz Hore and members of Enniscorthy Municipal Authority.
Overall it was an exciting and entertaining evening which helped considerably in the Chamber raising the €15,000 annual contribution to the erection of Christmas Lights in Enniscorthy.