Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is seeking to fund researchers who are at the initial stages of developing a new or innovative technology, product, process or service with strong commercial potential. Given recent focus of Irish Government on disruptive technologies (see National Development Plan 2018-2027), SFI would especially encourage researchers to consider, the disruptive potential of their proposals where appropriate.
For researchers who wish to pursue the commercialisation of a technology, the TIDA programme provides:
- Independent technical/commercial evaluation by international peer review process
- Up to €100k in project funding
- Innovation and entrepreneurship skills training
The TIDA 2018 call is open to:
- Independent Investigators who are Lead Principal or Co-Principal Investigators responsible for a competitively awarded, internationally peer reviewed research grant secured over the last 5 years (2013-2018);
- Postdoctoral researchers (with a maximum of 8 year’s postdoctoral research experience) currently funded under a competitively awarded, internationally peer reviewed research grant
Please refer to the SFI TIDA 2018 call documentation for all details regarding programme remit, eligibility, and application procedure. Click here for full details on the call.
Call Launch – 30th April 2018
Webinar – 16th May 2018 at 2pm
Abstract Deadline – 30th May 2018
Deadline for Full Proposal Submission – 22nd June 2018
Funding Decision – November 2018
To register for the Webinar click here
For programme-related queries please contact: TIDA@sfi.ie