As part of the immersive food tourism training programme Taste Wexford, with the support of Visit Wexford and Wexford Local Development and the LEADER Programme 2014-2020, are hosting an online ‘Food Festivals and Events workshop’ that will be a great benefit for producers, visitor attractions, tour guides, accommodation providers and hospitality professionals as well as tourism representatives and anyone involved in the planning and delivery of food festivals and events around Wexford.
The workshop will take place online via Zoom on Thursday, 19 January from 10.30 am to approx. 12 pm.
If you would like to attend, please register your interest to email@example.com by 5 pm Thursday, 12 January 2023.A link will be circulated to the training programme the day before the online workshop takes place.
About the Taste Wexford Food Festivals and Events Workshop
The objective of the workshop is to bring together anyone involved in the planning and delivery of food festivals and events across Wexford so we can work together going forward to build a joint calendar of food festivals and events around Wexford.
Through this workshop, Taste Wexford hope to build on the work done to date around food festivals and events, and work on continuing to develop Wexford as an immersive food destination.
Through the food tourism programme they are running, the appointed food tourism experts have pulled together insights and top tips on the necessary steps required in hosting world-class food festivals and events. Distilled findings from beneficial national and international food tourism reports will be shared with participants. Reports such as Fáilte Ireland’s Food and Drink Strategy 2018 – 2023 and the new Guidelines in Development of Food Trails, and the 2022 World Food Travel Association Food and Beverage Tourism Report.
Who is Delivering the Workshop?
The workshop will be delivered by the following food tourism industry experts who are:-
- Anthony O’Toole – International Food and Travel Advisor / Co-founder of Taste Wexford
- Jean O’Connell – Managing Director of O’Connell Marketing / Co-founder of Taste Wexford
- Lorraine O’Dwyer – Lead tour guide and storyteller of Gallivanting.ie / Official Tour Guide for Taste Wexford
- Sharon Noonan – Host of Best Possible Taste Podcast / Freelance Marketing Consultant
- Seáneen Sullivan – Co-owner and culinary director of L.Mulligan Grocer / Food and Drinks Consultant
In recent years, all of the above have played important parts in many festivals and events around Ireland including:
- Theatre of Food at Electric Picnic, Laois // West Waterford Festival of Food, Dungarvan // Slow in the City Festival, Dublin // Slow Fish in Genoa, Italy // Terra Madre in Turin, Italy // Stoneybatter Festival, Dublin // Rockin’ Food Festival, Wexford // Dingle Food Festival, Kerry // Rose of Tralee International Festival, Kerry // Bloom in the Park, Dublin // Jameson Picnic, Paris // Boxty without Borders, Cavan // Samhain Festival, Meath // Saviour Festival, Kilkenny // All Together Now, Waterford / /
Learn more about Taste Wexford at www.tastewexford.ie